Does clove oil kill scabies?
Yes, clove oil does kill scabies mites; ُClove oil may be used as a home remedy for “Sarcoptes scabiei”; Especially, if the mites develop resistance to the prescribed medication, such as Permethrin cream and ivermectin tablets…an Australian study proved that Clove essential oil has the best scabicidal effect, and can kill scabies mites effectively on pigs and rabbits, only 1% solution of the C-O killed all mites within 20 min; thanks to a chemical component called “Eugenol” which has many pharmacological activities. However, other laboratory experiments must be done to explore the full potential and health benefits of this oil to humans.
WHAT IS CLOVE OIL?
Clove essential oil is a natural product of the distillation of dried flower buds, collected from a clove plant (scientific name: Syzygium aromaticum), originally from an Indonesian island.
Clove is widely known to be one of the healthiest spices; additionally, an effective insecticidal; Also, Clove-Oil has antimicrobial, anesthetic, and antioxidant properties that contribute to its healing power.
Researchers in international medical laboratories attempt to develop alternative topical acaricides to treat scabies and other skin diseases; after observing the acaricidal properties shown by the Eugenol (a component of Clove oil), which demonstrate levels of toxicity like Benzyl Benzoate.
CLOVE OIL BENEFITS
Besides the nutritional benefits when using clove as a cooking spice (C-O contains manganese, Calcium, vitamin K, C, and E, in different amounts); because of its countless health benefits, clove oil is also used in traditional medicine in Asia.
The oil of clove helps to get rid of the itching caused by insect bites and soothes the pain; additionally, it has anti-microbial properties; last but not least, oil of cloves also sanitizes the skin…
WHAT IS CLOVE OIL USED FOR?
You may know the cloves as an ingredient in the Indian culinary art, but here are some other uses and benefits of clove and clove oil, that you may hear of for the first time:
- Clove consumption supports the health of the liver and other organs.
- Toothache remedies: clove oil helps to relieve toothache and mouth ulcers, its one of the ingredients used for producing our toothpaste.
- The clove is a topical antiseptic and anesthetic; may be used to treat wounds and fungal infections.
- Clove can kill harmful bacteria.
- @Clove_oil helps in boosting immunity, clover contains antioxidants minerals and vitamins which helps to improve the immune system.
Clove essential oil side effect
Cloves have so many benefits, but if used excessively or inappropriately, it may have some serious side effects:
- Do not apply clove oil directly to the skin; Add other ingredients such as coconut oil to dilute the oil; otherwise, you will experience some severe irritation and pain.
- You should prevent that the oil enters into or near your eyes, by washing your hands entirely after using it.
- Avoid swallowing clove oil as it may cause a burning sensation.
- Hypoglycemic patients should avoid cloves, because, it results in lower the blood glucose levels
HOW TO USE CLOVE OIL FOR SCABIES?
Always use clove oil with much caution, dilute it first, otherwise, it will burn your skin.
Firstly, apply the oil of cloves to a really small patch of the skin, to test it, and to visualize if there’s an allergic reaction before applying it to larger areas of your body.
Clove oil home remedies recipes for SCABIES
Clove oil and Olive oil:
2 drops of essential clove oil, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Make a homogeneous mixture.
- Dilute the mixture by adding olive oil; if you notice any kind of an allergic reaction to the mixture.
- moisten a cotton ball, then apply the diluted clove oil to the skin.
- Rub the areas where You notice scabies burrows.
Tea tree oil and clove bath:
20 drops of clove oil with tea tree oil,
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Add 20 drops of tea tree oil and clove oil.
- Soak in the bath for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process every couple of days.
Coconut oil and clove oil:
You need Ten drops of clove oil, Plus a teaspoon (10ml) of honey; Finally, one teaspoon (10ml) of coconut oil.
- mix all the ingredients to get a homogeneous blend.
- Wipe this homemade recipe to the affected skin.
- Repeat the procedure two times a day; intel you notice some improvement.
These mixtures may be effective, but there aren’t any laboratory studies to prove that; add to that, Home treatments for scabies could be harmful to some patients by resulting in severe skin allergies. From the above, it is clear that following the doctor’s recommendations, still, the safest way to get rid of scabies.