DOES CROTAMITON KILL SCABIES
Crotamiton is a drug used for the treatment of scabies and also antipruritic (anti-itching dry). It is a cream-based treatment drug used for the whole body to get rid of scabies mite that burrows under the skin and causes severe itching. It is advisable you use Crotamiton all over the body rather than the affected area when treating the parasite.
Crotamiton should be used two or three times, Taking into account that the difference between applications should not be less than 24 hours (Follow your doctor’s prescription that may reach up to three applications per day); furthermore, make sure you apply the treatment at the proper time. for kids under the age of 3 years, it is applied once a day.
Eurax (crotamiton) can also be used for the treatment of other skin diseases, e.g. insect’s bites, in which it is applied to the itching areas only. It should not be used in the eye and breaks in the skin. Crotamiton is deadly to scabies and can kill the mites and their eggs.
WHAT IS CROTAMITON?
It is a drug used for the treatment of pruritus & scabies infestation in the skin, it belongs to a class of drugs known as scabicides. Also used to ease the itching of bad skin conditions (antipruritic). It is a cream-based drug that is applied to the infected part of the body as a cure for scabies, chickenpox, dry eczema…
its is not considered as an over the counter product to kill scabies, which means that this medicine is available only with your doctor’s prescription.
THE GENERIC NAME OF CROTAMITON
Crotamiton 10% cream (Kroe TAMi tonn)
Brand name: Eurax, Crotan
CROTAMITON SIDE EFFECTS
Drugs may cause side effects. Even though it may be uncommon, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when using crotamiton.
*sign of an allergic reaction, like a rash, itching, swollen and blistered or peeling the skin with or without fever
*spread of lesions
Precaution to take if you notice any side effects
If your condition does not improve or if it becomes worse consult your doctor.
HOW DO YOU USE CROTAMITON CREAM FOR SCABIES?
- This medication can only be used on the skin.
- Do not take this medication by mouth.
- Do not use it for your face, eye, mouth, private parts if your skin has reached the point of inflammation.
- Shake well before using the crotamiton lotion.
- It is advisable to take a shower before using the lotion to treat scabies; Use a towel to dry, after removing the scaly skin, Use a layer of the product directly above the skin, from the chin down to the feet, between the fingers and toes, and on the sole of the feet.
- Trim fingernails short and apply the medication under the nails since the mites often live there.
- Repeat the same method to apply Eurax again after a day, after that, you must change the bed cover, clothes, and towels;
- Wash all clothes towels and beds In the washing machine using hot water, it is desirable also, to dry them with hot air as well, to ensure the complete elimination of scabies.
- Take a bath 48hours after the last application to get rid of the medication from your skin.
CAN I USE CROTAMITON FOR SCABIES DURING PREGNANCY OR BREASTFEEDING
Crotamiton is not recommended during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, use is contraindicated in some countries.
For breastfeeding, crotamiton is not recommended unless directed by a physician.
INTERACTION OF CROTAMITON
Do not make use of any other skin products in the affected area without asking your doctor or health care professional to avoid the interactions.
Give your health care provider a list of all medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. Some items may interact with your medicine.